Tuesday, September 30, 2008

TWD Rewind:Almost Fudge Gateau



Mari of Mevrouw cupcake chose Creme Brulee for this week's tuesday's with dorie recipe, however, time was not on my side this week so I opted out of the Creme Brulee and went for the oh-so-easy almost fudge gateau.  Aside from being super easy to put together, this cake was delicious and as fudgy as can be with a divine taste.  For fun I thought I'd make a fondant Schnauzer to top it off! All you have to do is scroll down my blog and see all my cute pups on the left hand side to know that I'm totally dog crazy! Next week I will most definitely go back on schedule and bake along with the TWD crowd. Next week's recipe: Caramel Peanut Topped Brownie Cake chosen by Tammy of Wee Treats by Tammy. You bet your toosh I'll be making that! Yum!

P.S. Happy 100th post to me!  =)


10 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

What an adorable doggy topper :) I loved this cake, so I'm glad you got to rewind and try it.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the recipes that I missed that I keep thinking I will make soon. Love the dog!

Mari said...

Love your fondant Schnauzer! It's the cutest!

Unknown said...

I love the dog you made! Your cake looks delicious! I haven't tried this one yet but yours makes me want to...

Shelby said...

congrats on your 100th post! the gateau looks really fudgy and delicious!

kimberly salem said...

congrats on your 100th post!! :) glad you liked the gateau, it is still on my rewind list. the schnauzer is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love the dog! I need to make this recipe...

Anonymous said...

100 posts! Congratulations!!! Now, mail me a slice of that cake. ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious. And sooooo sweet with the dog on top!

Anonymous said...

Looks great- so nice and chocolaty! I love the dog on top. Congrats on your 100th post!