Monday, September 8, 2008

S'more Cupcakes



I've been wanting to make this Martha Stewart rendition of S'more cupcakes for a long time! This past Saturday seemed like the perfect opportunity as the Northeast endured the worst rainstorm I've seen in a while; remnants of hurricane Hannah. Saturday slowly presented itself as the perfect storm (no pun intended) for baking all day! The NY Mets were postponed due to the rain, my Miami Hurricanes didn't play until 8pm, and I physically couldn't leave my house for fear of drowning in my driveway. So, my mom, the dogs, and myself set out on a little baking adventure. These S'more cupcakes were the first of three recipes we baked (more posts to come).  



I'm such a sucker for anything topped off with meringue.  I can literally spoon this delicious, fluffy, cloud-like goodness right into my mouth! Top that off with a crunchy baked graham cracker bottom and chocolate cake filled with chopped chocolate chunks and I'm good to go. These were really delicious. If you are into S'mores then I definitely recommend you make these. The recipe is a tad bit involved as it requires baking the bottom crust first then filling with batter and baking again but it is well worth it. The marshmallow meringue is to die for. 

I used my mini kitchen blow torch for the tops, however, half-way through this process I was out of butane. I ended up using a BBQ lighter for the rest and that's why some look a little burnt...but, who doesn't like s'mores with a little extra browning? I know I do!

Cupcake and Marshmallow Merengue recipe found here.


3 comments:

Mari said...

These are gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

off the hook meliss

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yum, I've made S'mores cupcakes before but used Clara's from I heart cupcakes's recipe. It was good but I didn't toast the marshmallow frosting which I'm sure made all the difference in taste.
~ingrid