Monday, September 29, 2008

Brownie Birthday Squares: September B'Day's Continued



As I mentioned in my previous post, September is a huge month for birthday's, apparently. My very very dear friend Julie celebrated her 27th birthday this past week and we all went out Saturday night to celebrate. I obviously couldn't show up empty handed, and by empty handed I mean dessert-less, so I thought it would be a fun idea to make some sort of brownie birthday cake bites.  



I knew we would all be out at a bar thus making an actual cake difficult to dish out and wanted to make something convenient to eat that wouldn't require utensils; only fingers. So, I made smitten kitchen's peanut butter brownies baked in a 9X13 pan, equally squared and cut up, then decorated with chocolate ganache, colored sprinkles, fondant, and candles. These were such a big hit and everyone loved them! I will most definitely make these brownies again, they were amazing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULES, XOXOXO


3 comments:

Steph said...

That looks great! After seeing your cakes from before and these brownies, you are definitely making me want to try baking a sheet cake.

Lyndsy said...

These look incredible! I am totally going to have to make these for my next Bday party!

Stacey said...

I've never thought of doing this! so sweet- next birthday celebration, for sure I'm going to make these too.
and I'm really enjoying reading through all your cake creations :)