Tuesday, September 16, 2008

TWD:Chocolate Chunkers


Thanks to Claudia of Fool for Food for picking this week's Tuesday's With Dorie recipe: Chocolate Chunkers. The last several weeks have been cookie recipes and I'm looking forward to baking the dimply plum cake next week! Finally, something in cake form! These cookies were an agglomeration of chunky white, semi-sweet, and milk chocolate clusters with a faint chocolate crumbly cookie base as a binder. The recipe called for raisins but instead I used Raisinets, because apparently the 19oz of chocolate wasn't enough in this recipe that I felt the need to add even more! These cookies reminded me of Maida Heater's mulatos, which are by far my most favorite chocolate cookie. Where last week's cookie (chocolate malted whopper drops) lacked fudginess, moistness, and richness; this weeks recipe made up for it in a major way. These would be delicious with vanilla ice cream! Check out the TWD blogroll for all the other amazing cookie creations.




7 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Wow - over the top! Chocolate covered raisins? I'm in awe of your chocolate-packing abilities :)

TeaLady said...

raisinettes - what a great idea. Chocolate and roses. Great pic.

Jules Someone said...

Mmmmm! Chocolate covered raisins? Mmmmmmm.

Steph said...

Raisnettes are a great addition! It's weird how raisins may not be my faviour addin, but cover them with chocolate?.. well that's a different story!

Megan said...

Yes, chocolate and more chocolate. Perfect!

Also, that caramel covered cake looks amazing. I hope you post the recipe for that one.

Pamela said...

Great idea to use the raisinets! I love those little things. I did enjoy these cookies.

Bungalow Barbara said...

Chocolate-covered raisins -- wow! Now, add in some chocolate-covered almonds and you'd set some sort of record!