Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Caramel Cake


I bought the book, "Southern Cakes, Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations" a while back and decided to finally flip through it over the weekend. I love love love any food-related recipes connecting to Southern cuisine so I knew this book would be right up my alley. I was debating between a lady Baltimore cake and this caramel cake and decided to go with the later.



This was a relatively simple recipe involving 2-9inch yellow cakes bound by a sweet thick caramel frosting that hardens within seconds. The yellow cake was very soft and light which really complimented the caramel crunch perfectly.  I gave most of the cake to the guys in my Manhattan car garage and this morning they were all raving about it! I think these would be delicious as cupcakes! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, that cake does look really fluffy! Caramel frosting is such a great idea and is a nice break from buttercream!

Holly said...

I've been planning a cupcake with caramel frosting and this sounds perfect...