Tuesday, September 2, 2008

TWD: Chunky Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chipsters



Stefany of Proceed With Caution chose this week's TWD recipe: Chunky Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chipsters.  The title alone had me salivating! I was excited to finally see a cookie recipe selected for both this week and next! I considered this recipe your basic oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip recipe with a bit of a twist. The recipe called for the addition of cinnamon and freshly grated ginger and while I was at it I added some nutmeg for kicks. These spices resulted in a delicious burst of flavor combined with the peanut butter and oats. I'm not sure exactly how these cookies were supposed to come out, but mine came out crunchy, buttery and super sweet. They were delicious! Check out the TWD blogroll to see all the other yummy cookies.

4 comments:

Nickki said...

mmmm, they look so good! I like your idea of adding fresh ginger to give them a little zip! Yummy :)

Shelby said...

These sound delish! I like the ginger!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

They look wonderful! The flowers you made in the post above this are so cute!

~Kimberly said...

Mmm, ginger!