Monday, October 6, 2008

Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies


I made Deb's chocolate pecan cookies from her amazing site, Bake or Break. I've been reading Deb's site for about a year now and she continues to impress me! Anyway, I was home, bored, and decided to make a cookie involving pecans and chocolate. What better than to make triple chocolate pecan cookies. By triple chocolate, I used dark, semi sweet, and bittersweet rather than white. I was sold.



These cookies were as good as a pecan chocolate cookie can get. I found that they were even better the day after they were baked. My cookies didn't spread like I wanted them to, mostly in part because I had to run out for a riding lesson (equestrian) halfway through and put the dough in the fridge for a couple hours. However, they were still tasty!

1 comment:

Emily Rose said...

These are some of the prettiest choc. chip cookies I've ever seen! And what a great idea to combine 3 types of chocolate into one cookie! I'm sorry you were disappointed with the caramel brownie cake- I also found that the cake was nothing special without the caramel- but once some of that gooey goodness soaked into it...dear Lord...I was sold on it!!