Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Classic Brownies



Another one of the several desserts I made last week for my mini apartment party were these classical chocolate brownies. These brownies are so good that I would almost suggest you not adding anything to them. As difficult as that is for me to say (I'm a big fan of the "fix ins), these brownies absolutely do not need anything.  I've never made brownies that baked so beautifully before. They have a perfect flaky top layer (with no cracks) followed by a rich, moist, fudgy, dense center.  These brownies are the epitome of classic chocolate brownies and I would highly recommend pairing them with vanilla ice cream! I baked these for a little less than the recommended time (around 23 mins) and they came out perfectly. I would suggest keeping an eye on them once the timer hits around 18 mins to ensure optimal taste and fudgy-ness. You don't want to over bake these bad boys...

MMMMMM...BROWNIES
Orignal recipe found here

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups semisweet
chocolate chips
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch square pan.
2.In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies set up. Do not over bake! Cool in pan and cut into squares.



No comments: