Tuesday, October 7, 2008

TWD:Caramel Topped Cashew Brownie Cake


Tammy from Wee Treats by Tammy chose this week's recipe: Caramel Topped Peanut (Cashew-in my case) Brownie Cake.  I will be honest (don't yell at me), but I was not impressed by this cake at all. This is the first recipe of all the Dorie recipe's I've made that I just wasn't a fan of. The cake was pretty dull, tasteless, and dry while the caramel was impossible to work with.  I wanted to take this into work with me but it was too messy to do so.  The caramel tasted like, well, er, caramel; and paired with the salty cashews presented a great taste but the cake portion of this recipe was disappointing. Being the resourceful person I am, I scooped the caramel-drenched cashews off the cake and added them to a bowl of vanilla ice cream which was AMAZING! When it comes to desserts, I know how to make do... =)



If I were to make this again I would opt for cupcakes! Sorry Tammy! Next week's recipe are Almond Biscotti's! I've been dying to make biscotti's forever! Yay!

8 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I do think mini versions would be easier to keep moist, so I'm with you on the cupcakes idea. I'm sorry you weren't a fan of the caramel, but hopefully next week will turn out better.

Anonymous said...

Oh Yum! That sounds so good with the ice-cream.

Jules Someone said...

Sorry this didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. Onward and upward!

Marthe said...

Too bad you didn't like this cake, I liked it. But teamed with ice cream it would be great!!

kimberly salem said...

sorry you weren't impressed... i thought the cake was a bit dry too :( at least you were resourceful with the fab topping! :)

Bungalow Barbara said...

Yes, I thought the cake was a bit dry too -- but the topping was fabulous!

Shari said...

Caramel-drenched cashews and ice cream sound wonderful!

LyB said...

I made mine with cashews too, and I loved it! Too bad it wasn't what you were looking for, but I really like the idea of using the caramel and cashews in ice cream. :)