Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The "U" Cake


I am a HUGE college football fanatic and alumnus at the University of Miami. Football fanatic+ UMiami alum= lunatic fan! It is exactly 1 day until the UMiami football season kicks off and I wanted to start it off with a bang! With that said, I had to bake something UMiami related, obviously . Since fondant has been my new flavor of the month (no pun intended) I envisioned making a fondant covered cake in University of Miami colors as well as the "U" logo. So that's exactly what I did after work yesterday. I am not particularly proud of this cake as I was semi-rushing to get it done so that I could go for a much needed run, however, real team spirit was put into it! Next up...a Super Bowl Champions NY Giants cake!! Woo hoo!

Enjoy and GO CANES!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That cake is AWESOME! I'm also a UM alum :)

The Food Librarian said...

You should be VERY proud of this cake! It gives me ideas for the start of UCLA Football season! Your cake is great!