Tuesday, August 12, 2008

RED VELVET CAKE



I had my little cousin's baby-naming ceremony this past weekend and my Aunt kindly asked if I would cater the dessert portion of the afternoon. Of course I agreed and got to work. I decided on a Red Velvet cake, banana bars, and mini cupcakes (more posts to follow). This was the best Red Velvet cake I've ever made. The cake was moist, rich, and so delicious. I used the same recipe as I did for my fondant cake, however, instead of using the book's recipe for cream cheese icing, I reverted  back to the oh-so-handy allrecipes for suggestions. I made the most highly rated cream cheese frosting and boy was it good. This is officially my go-to cream cheese icing for carrot cakes, red velvets, etc. You can find the recipe here. I garnished the edges with chopped pecans for some extra crunch. I will be making this again, for sure!


2 comments:

Brianne Chase said...

no. freaking. way.

I am dying here!!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Oh yay! I just got the book that cake recipe is in. It looks so moist. I'm definitely gonna make it!