Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TWD:Granola Grabbers/Bars



This week's Tuesday's With Dorie recipe was chosen by Michelle of Bad Girl Baking and she selected Granola Grabbers. This cookie is made up of butter, sugar, raisins, granola, wheat germ, almonds, and coconut. Sounds good, huh? The only minor adjustment I made to this recipe was that I omitted the wheat germ as I didn't have any in the apartment. I didn't think it would be that detrimental to the recipe so I carried on without it.  These cookies have a super crunchy exterior with a sweet center and definitely satisfied my sweet tooth this weekend. I had Vanilla Crunch granola lying around that I knew would be perfect. The extra burst of vanilla and coconut together was divinely delicious. 



I thought that since granola was involved that granola bars were in order. I used 1/2 the batter to create cookies and the other half to create bars. Everyone at work loved these. This recipe is probably something I wouldn't make again, because for the amount of butter used, I would have preferred to waste my calories on something like cheesecake! Check out the TWD blogroll for the other TWD bakers!

14 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

These look fantastic! I didn't use wheat germ either. Yours look yummy!

kimberly salem said...

vanilla crunch granola sounds delicious!! i also like the bar idea, i will try that the next time i want to make these!

~Kimberly said...

Oh your cookies look perfect! Mine were a little flat. I omitted a few ingredients.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I love the vanilla crunch granola! Wish I had used that! Yours looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Did someone say cheesecake? ;)

Engineer Baker said...

Vanilla crunch granola sounds delicious! Good idea trying both the drop and bar cookies - did you have a favorite?

Pamela said...

They look delicious. I made mine into bars and I'm very happy I did.

Anonymous said...

These cookies look great! I love the idea of vanilla crunch granola.

Jessica Eiden Smedley said...

Bars sound delicious!

Rigby said...

Hmmm...I wonder it there is a way to combine granola and cheesecake.... :)

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Mmm. Those look great!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo these look good, How about a pic of the bars..... BTW butter calories are NEVER wasted. Just eat them with cheesecake next time. Or how about a granola crust on the cheese cake.....

Flourchild said...

I made mine into bars to. Im glad you liked them and they turned out for you!

Jules Someone said...

These are not wasted calories. No, my hips used these calories very well.