Tuesday, August 12, 2008

TWD:BERRY SOUR CREAM CHIP ICE CREAM




Dolores of
Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity picked this week's TWD recipe, Blueberry Sour Cream ice cream. This was my first time making ice cream and I can hardly wait to make more! I bought the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid a while back and for some reason never got around to making any. Naturally, I was excited to put it to use when I saw this week's recipe selection. I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I was away on vacation all last week so I hardly had time to shop. I rummaged through my freezer hoping to find some sort of frozen fruit and I found a bag of mixed berries, including raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. I followed the rest of the recipe as is; using sour cream, lemon, sugar and cream and added mini chocolate chips at the end for some crunch. If there's one thing I learned throughout my baking adventures it's this: adding chocolate can never hurt anyone :)

P.S. Please disregard the mini fruit fly on the bottom right scoop of ice cream. My intent was to add chocolate chips not bugs! I noticed this as I was posting so lets just pawn it off as a berry seed...please forgive me =)

15 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I have fruit flies in my kitchen too.

Bumblebutton said...

So good the flies even enjoyed it! Nice job, and nice chocolate addition!

April said...

That's a great picture, I love that you added chocolate!

Cristine said...

I love the addition of mini chips! Looks great, fruit fly and all! :)

~Kimberly said...

Ha ha, I didn't even notice the fruit fly until you mentioned it at the end of your post! Ha, at least you are honest! Looks delicious, fruit fly and all!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Even the fruit fly is pretty!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I hate those stinkin' fruit flies. But I have to admit that it took me forever to see it in the picture, even after I was looking.

Engineer Baker said...

To heck with fruit flies. Want that ice cream. Now.

Anonymous said...

Many times I have posted the perfect picture, only to discover there's a hair in the food. ARRGGHH!!!

I would never have noticed the fruit fly. :)

Pamela said...

Didn't even see the little fly until you pointed him out. Oh well, I guess he likes chocolate chips, too. Nice addition! The chocolate, not the fly, of course. ;o)

Anonymous said...

ha ha, the fruit fly was a funny addition to a Dorie recipe! ;)

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Um mixed berry! Looks good!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Haha@ the fruit fly!

I was taking pictures of my birthday cake last weekend, and I noticed a giant housefly just chillin on it in one of the pictures!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! Great idea for the chocolate chips. I didn't even notice the fruit fly. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sharon said...

Oh, hate it when you don't notice till you post something. But loved the chocolate chip idea.