Thursday, August 21, 2008

Old School Hostess Cupcakes



As my co-worker so delicately put it, "you even have the white squiggly debacle on top".   I was in a retro-style mood last night and decided to make the old school creme-filled Hostess cupcakes that I enjoyed so much as a kid. Although I was privy to Hostess Twinkies, nothing beats a smooth vanilla creme-filled cupcake. I remember rushing to the lunch table with my Care Bear's lunch box and eating my cupcake first, before my PB&J. Back then, dessert was an appetizer! Ohhhh, the good ol' days...



 I googled around until I found a recipe that required no supermarket visit for ingredients. I came up with this one, from Food&Wine. I made regular sized cupcakes and mini's. This throw-back recipe put me in a state of absolute euphoria =)


Mini Cuppies


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look amazing and delicious! I love Hostess cupcakes and I would love to try this recipe!

Steph said...

I love how shiny your ganache looks! Mini cupcakes are the best, but I always end up eating more of them.