Tuesday, December 9, 2008

TWD: GRANDMA'S ALL OCCASION SUGAR COOKIES

Ulrike of Kuchenlatein chose Grandma's All-Occasion Sugar Cookies for this week's Tuesday's With Dorie entry. I posted about sugar cookies (here) a while back and I wasn't thrilled with them all together. I've always been under the impression that sugar cookies were boring and tasteless unless topped with creamy icing of some sort. However, my feelings have changed after making these and creamy icing is completely unnecessary. This recipe produces the quintessential sugar cookie; buttery, crispy, soft in the center and just sweet enough. They were super easy to make and rolled out beautifully. I used a hand full of different cookie cutters to create various shapes and sizes. I made hearts....
Then moved on to stars...
Smiley faces...
And Poodles and Schnauzers for fun...
If only I could have created a Schnoodle cookie...ha, ok I'm signing off for now... :)

8 comments:

Megan said...

Love the pup cut-outs.

Really, I'm surprised someone hasn't come out with the schnoodle cutter. Hey, there's an idea...........

Tammy said...

I love the smiley faces - but your sprinkles on the stars are gorgeous too

kimberly salem said...

So cute!! :) i love the dog ones especially, but i don't know if i could eat them, they're too cute:)

Anonymous said...

I loved these plain, too. Look at all the puppies. Awwwwww.

Anonymous said...

Ha!!! I love your little doggie cookies! That's my kind of cookie! And your cake and cupcakes above?! Hello! My mouth is watering!

Anonymous said...

I love your puppy cutouts!!!! And I am in LOVE with the cake and cupcakes above!!! Gorgeous!

Leslie said...

I love all of your shapes! I was lazy and did the slice and bake method. I agree that these are the perfect sugar cookie.

Anonymous said...

These were perfection without icing.

Maybe if you leave a poodle cookie alone with a schnauzer one you will soon discover a schnoodle cookie.