Wednesday, December 10, 2008

CHOCOLATE BIRTHDAY CAKE

As the previous post mentioned, I made a chocolate birthday cake for my boss last night. I used the same chocolate cake mix recipe as above and used this chocolate fudge frosting recipe. I swirled the icing on top with an angled spatula creating chocolate spiral-like structures and then sprinkled a mixture of colorful sprinkle-type decorations.
I had a tiny bit of leftover vanilla buttercream from the cupcakes and piped little dots around the cake board. I got great feedback on the cake! It was really easy to put together and best of all, it was so pretty!
Cake recipe found in this post.
Chocolate fudge frosting recipe found here.
Vanilla buttercream recipe found in this post.

2 comments:

vibi said...

Boy! You must really, really like your boss!
Indeed it is very pretty, Melissa!

Flourchild said...

How sweet of you to bake a nice yummy cake for your boss! Did he like it? Im sure it tasted as good as it looked.