Tuesday, May 27, 2008

PEANUT BUTTER CUPS

HOME-MADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
Reese's is one of my all time favorite chocolate candy, hands down. Actually, it's not one of my all time faves, it is my all time favorite. I could eat Reese's for breakfast, lunch and dinner-no questions asked. With that said, I thought it would be fun to make my own Reese's. These were super fun and easy to make. I got the recipe from My Kitchen Cafe, which is a tremendously fabulous food blog for all you bloggers out there. This entire process took about 20 minutes and they tasted exactly like Reese's PB cups!! I put these in cute candy boxes with pretty tissue paper and elastic gold bows and they looked straight out of the Reese's factory! Try these :)

Solid Peanut Butter Cups 
12 ounces melted chocolate (I used 9 ounces semi-sweet squares and 3 ounces white chocolate squares)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Melt chocolate according to package directions, taking care not to overheat. I melted the semisweet and white chocolate separately and then mixed together. To melted chocolate add peanut butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Spoon or pipe (I used a decorating bag with a large round tip) chocolate mixture into small baking cups. Refrigerate until set. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jessy said...

they look lovely! something i would like to try as they're so tasty, and not too available here :)