Tuesday, June 23, 2009

HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER TWIX

Ugh, HOW GOOD ARE TWIX? I swear, I blame Ferris Bueller for my Twix addiction. Sure, he's a fictional character that I idolized growing up who mastered the concept of playing hookie, but this movie shared the same theme song as the Twix commercials back in the late 80's, early 90's. That being said, I must have seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off over 7 million times; and each and every time I've seen it, I've eaten a Twix. Yes, that's a lot of Twix.

Sugar cookie base, peanut butter caramel layer, topped off by a smooth chocolate ganache. 
I love you, Ferris.

You can use Betty Crocker's version of this recipe here.
However, I made the sugar cookie base, peanut butter caramel filling, and chocolate ganache from scratch. Feel free to use your favorite recipes for each layer!




9 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Whoa. That's just not fair. Do you think my boss will forgive me if I take today off just to make these as quickly as I can? Maybe if I bring in some...

Megan said...

What a classic movie! What a classic candy bar - I need to make those now!

zachandamanda said...

I would love to have the recipe for these! It's my favorite candy bar ever!!

Debbie said...

I also would love to make these. Will you be making the recipe available? I sure hope so!

Justin said...

holy cow i love twix. this is awesome.

Melissa said...

i updated the post with a recipe!

Talita said...

Yumm! I love Twix! Those looks delish!

Eva said...

mmmm i could eat those now. yes, at 8AM.

Tia said...

those look even better than real twix.