I personally love these right out of the freezer, so that is where I have them stashed. Eat at your own risk ;)
For 12 peanut butter cups: (I made 6 large cups and 4 small cups)
12 mini cupcake liners
3/4 cup Milk Chocolate chips (or semi sweet if you prefer)
1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter + 2 generous T to add to the melted chocolate
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 t pure vanilla extract
pinch fine sea salt [if your PB is already salted, it's optional to add more]
1) Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth. Add 2 generous tablespoons of peanut butter and stir to incorporate. Let cool for 5 minutes.
2) Line a mini cupcake pan with mini liners. Place a heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate in each mini cupcake liner and spread it all over the place with the back of a spoon. repeat with all 12 liners.
3) Place the cupcake tin into your freezer and allow it to harden.
4) Meanwhile, stir together peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and sugar to form a paste. Make sure you knead in all the ingredients.
5) Divide peanut butter paste into all 12 liners, pressing down gently to make sure the paste goes everywhere. [I took a a heaping teaspoon and rolled it into a ball, then flattened it and placed it into the liners]
6) Top with heaping teaspoon of chocolate [melt it again if needed], spreading carefully so that none of the PB paste can be seen.
7) Chill in fridge/freezer for at least one hour.