Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TWD:BERRY SURPRISE CAKE

Ann of Meet Me In The Kitchen chose this week's TWD recipe: Berry Surprise Cake! Boy was I surprised when this cake came out to be completely unappealing.  I found the actual cake to be too dense, the filling to be absolutely tasteless and the berries to be completely out of season.  All of these negative factors combined really surprised me being that this is a Dorie Greenspan recipe; and lets face it, everything she creates is fantastic whether it's my cup of tea or not. 
In order to add some sweetness/taste I grated chocolate on top; white and semi-sweet.  I then took some raspberry sauce and drizzled it all over. Alas, this cake was still doomed.  This, my friends, is not a recipe that I recommend and/or will be making again in the future.  Not everything can be a slam dunk..right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad it didn't turn out. I like the way you decorated it though.

Engineer Baker said...

Sorry you weren't a fan. I like the grated chocolate and raspberry sauce on top though - sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

yeah, it's a shame you didn't like it, but it looks beautiful anyway.

kimberly salem said...

sorry you didn't love the taste, but it looks really beautiful with the sauce drizzle and grated chocolate!

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

Sorry the taste wasn't for you....you get an A+ for effort, though...your cake is stunning!!!!