Peanut butter creme Oreo crust. Brownie stratum. Peanut butter mousse blanket. Silky chocolate ganache layer. Topped off with crushed Reese's peanut butter cups, honey roasted peanuts, and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Need I say more? If you are a peanut butter/chocolate lover then this dessert is for you! These were incredible!! My most favorite dessert combination is peanut butter and chocolate and these bars were kryptonite for me. I couldn't keep my hands off them. Awhile back I made Dorie's Peanut butter chocolate torte which was my favorite Dorie recipe to date. I thought it would be fun to make a version of this torte in bar-form. As explained above, I made the crust using crushed peanut butter creme Oreo's. The brownie layer was made using Smitten Kitchen's 'one bowl brownie' recipe which was then topped with peanut butter mousse from Dorie's original chocolate peanut butter mousse torte found here. I went over the top by drizzling a delicious dark chocolate ganache atop the mousse then garnished with crushed Reese's, honey roasted peanuts and mini chocolate chips. Wallah! A luscious chocolaty peanut buttery creamy gooey dessert. Please, make these for your own good...or, in that case, maybe you shouldn't...??!?!
*Please note* I ended up cutting these bars into thirds because they were SO rich.
A little goes a long way with these bad boys.
RECIPE: Use a 9X13 inch pan.
*Follow the recipe here for the crust and peanut butter mousse. *You can go with a graham cracker crust or
a Nutter Butter crust if you prefer*
*Put the finished mousse in the fridge until needed.
- Using this recipe, bake the brownies over the pre-baked Oreo crust.
- Once cooled, spread the peanut butter mousse atop the brownie layer. (Note: I had some peanut butter mousse left over and saved it)
- Follow the directions for the ganache here and drizzle it over the peanut butter mousse
- Chop up Reese's peanut butter cups, honey roasted peanuts, and mini chocolate chips for garnish if you like
- Warning: Keep a large glass of milk handy!! =)