Tuesday, January 27, 2009

REJECTION CUPCAKES

My unbelievably talented and amazing cousin released his book today!! Rejected: Tales of the Failed, Dumped and Canceled". If you're looking for some humor in your life then I highly suggest you purchase this fun, hilariously witty book based on a collection of rejection stories-and works-by some of today’s most accomplished comic writers and performers (some world famous) sharing their pieces that were ripped to pieces and their own experiences of being handed their hats, heads, and hearts on a platter. Available for purchase at Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com, and Borders NOW!

Tonight is the 'Rejected' book release party and what's a party without cupcakes? I offered my services to supply rejected cupcakes for tonight's festivities. I made hundreds of mini red velvets with chocolate and vanilla buttercream topped with red 'X's which I made from red candy melts. The idea for the X's came when I thought about the show Family Feud. Whenever a contestant got an answer wrong they would flash a huge red X! So, in my mind...X's denote rejection! I also made.......

"NO" cupcakes! These cuppies were vanilla cake using piped vanilla buttercream. I figured I could pretty much pipe anything negative on these cupcakes to represent the idea of rejection and "no" definitely qualifies as the #1 indication of rejection.
If you are in the NYC area and would like to come to the party tonight, click here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the cupcakes. Congrats for your cousin!