Monday, June 16, 2008

COOKIES

COOKIE MADNESS
I was instructed to make all of the Father's day desserts this year.  I needed to make enough desserts to feed about 30 people which, in essence, is really like 60 people considering the amounts of food my family is capable of consuming. I also sent my boyfriend off with a few batches of cookies for his family's Father's day fiesta. All in all, I made about 150 cookies..sadly, I'm not exaggerating! So, I set off on my mission..

Cookies were to be my first venture. Everyone loves cookies. I knew I couldn't go wrong. While brainstorming on what kind of cookies I wanted to make, I opened up my freezer to a bagful of candy that has been sitting there for months and literally oozing out the sides of my over packed freezer. Cookies+candy=YUM!  Here's what I came up with:
Butterfinger cookies...

Snickers cookies...

White Chocolate Chip cookies...

Chocolate Chip cookies...

I used the same cookie recipe as I did for the swirl chip cookies, only I doubled it, then separated the dough in fourths using about 1 cup of chopped candy/chips in each. These are better on the second day as they were very chewy and tasty! Everyone loved them...

No comments: