Tuesday, August 25, 2009

VANILLA MINIS

I made these tonight with left over cake batter. They are adorable. They are delicious. They are minuscule. Three adjectives that would highlight any great dessert, in my mind. I experimented with my own recipe for a full-on fluffy, moist, white cake. No no no folks, no egg yolks in these bad boys. Many people get confused with the traditional white cake. I've seen several recipes for "golden vanilla cakes" that have the taste of vanilla but not the appearance; keyword golden. In this case, it's all vanilla from the inside out and it's darn tasty at that.
I topped these minis with a creamy, rich, instant fudge frosting and garnished with blue and white non pareils. I'd love love loveeee to publish this recipe for ya'll because I feel like I'd be doing an injustice to the world of sweet teeth if I didn't, butttttttt I think I need to keep this one to myself because it just may be my next unique go-to white cake recipe. Everyone should feel special, shouldn't they?


5 comments:

I BLEED PINK said...

Come on share!!

Snooky doodle said...

oh these are so cute! and that fudge frosting on top looks so mouthwatering. wish I could lick it :)
visit my new blog at http://snookysrecipedoodles.blogspot.com/

cookies and cups said...

very cute! I can't wait to try that frosting!

"E" Street said...

How fun are these?!?! I love the color combination - including the papers (they are papers - not plastic/silicon.... right???). I linked to you cake tips page and really enjoyed it - lots of great tips!

Thanks for sharing!

Flourchild said...

To cute for words!