Wednesday, August 5, 2009

TWD: CLASSIC BANANA BUNDT CAKE

Well, it's hard to believe I haven't posted a TWD recipe in months. There's been culinary school, recreational baking, and lots of traveling. I apologize to all you TWD'ers out there who have been participating all summer. I promise to get back on the bandwagon stat, beginning with this classic banana bundt cake chosen by Mary of The Food Librarian. Have you ever takin' a peek of Mary's blog? If not, I suggest you mosey on over there immediately! She's absolutely incredible from her recipes to her photographs; she's unbelievably talented.
This hunk of banana deliciousness was the epitome of banana bundts. It was moist, super flavorful, light, and perfect with a cup of joe in the morning or as a midnight snack. I added chopped pecans, coconut, and a touch of rum to the bananas before baking. The coconut and banana combination was excellent and it's a flavor combo that I would definitely use in the future. Oddly enough I had an entire lesson on bundt cakes yesterday in class, so I brought this into school this morning. My classmates loved it and my chef instructor, who's a big banana fan, said it was great!

Hop on over to Mary's blog for the recipe. Stay tuned for next week where I will be participating (2 consecutive weeks, woo hoo!) in brownie buttons. Yum.

3 comments:

"E" Street said...

Cake and photos look great - makes me hungry! Job well done!

The Food Librarian said...

Ohh! Your bundt looks great! And those additions must have taken it over the top. Thanks for your sweet words and for baking along with me this week!!! - mary the food librarian

Cecille Ericta said...

Bundt looks great! Nothing better than to impress the professor! Keep baking!