Tuesday, February 2, 2010

KIDDIE CUPCAKES

I made these adorable cupcakes for a dinner party I was invited to on Sunday. The host's have two young children; a 2 year old girl and a 5 year old boy and I knew I wanted to theme my dessert cupcakes around these cuties.
Both sets of cupcakes consisted of cream-filled double chocolate fudge cake topped with either:
  • pink buttercream, a dusting of pink sanding sugar, and a Valentine colored M&M for garnish (obviously these were appropriately decorated for the little girl)
  • chocolate fudge icing with a dollop of vanilla buttercream and assorted colored fondant cut out circles for garnish (aimed at appealing a young boy!)
These were SUCH an incredible hit! There was a perfect ratio of cake to cream filling to buttercream for each cupcake! Enjoy.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Very cute, the perfect kiddie cupcakes.
Mimi

The Wife said...

They look adorable - adult friendly as well :)

SteelCityFlan said...

Oh my gosh, these are so sweet. I love everything on your blog, it's all so cute and beautifully made.

Unknown said...

Oh my these look delicious! Can we have the recipe??