Sunday, August 23, 2009

CAKES GALORE

As I mentioned earlier, I've been knee deep in cakes. All day, everyday I'm immersed in the art of cake baking, cake technique, and decorating in school. I still have 2 more weeks of my advanced cakes module so stay tuned. Here's what I've been up to lately in both school and extra curricular projects:
Horseradish Grill's chocolate cake filled with whipped praline chocolate ganache, iced with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream with a rich chocolate ganache glaze across the top and drizzled down the sides. Piped buttercream rosettes garnished with shaved chocolate and toasted hazelnuts
Triple layer chocolate genoise cake soaked with brandy syrup, filled with a mocha swiss meringue buttercream with piped buttercream kisses and "mocha" written across in chocolate using a cornet.
Petit Fours: Almond frangipane cakes sandwiched together with raspberry and apricot jams and topped with poured fondant. Decorated with dried lavender, chocolate, and almond slivers.

3 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

OMG! Your cakes are awesome! I can't decide which one I like best.

"E" Street said...

BEAUTIFUL....... one piece of each please!!! Not to be greedy though - several petit fours would not be refused!!!

Great job!

Tia said...

i'd love the recipe for the mocha one... where can i find it?