Friday, February 20, 2009

BANANA SPLIT CUPCAKES


My dogs are 1!! Happy Birthday to Boomer & Bentley!! Since I don't have any children yet (I'm still young!) my dogs are my children for the time being. I got Boomer and Bentley last April when they were 8 weeks old and 10lbs each. My have they grown into beautiful big boys weighing in at 70lbs a piece! Wednesday was their 1st birthday and in honor of them, I'm throwing them a birthday bash tonight filled with cupcakes...and cake...and crunch bars...and cookie cakes...and--yea, you get the point.

Here are some before and after photos:

Baby Boomer & Bentley at 10 weeks old

Grown up Boomer & Bentley at 1 year!
And yes, I realize that they are bigger than me. And I swear, I'm totally sane.

These banana cupcakes are one of several desserts that I made for the party. I used this basic banana cake recipe and added mini chocolate chips. I topped with whipped cream, Hershey's chocolate sauce, sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry! For the whipped cream I literally just dumped whatever I had left in the carton, whipped it up, and added an extremely large amount of powdered sugar until it was very sweet! I put the cream in the fridge for about 20 minutes before decorating and it piped beautifully. The cold whipped cream also enabled the chocolate sauce to hold its drizzle. These tasted exactly like a banana split and were really easy to make. Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Cutest dogs ever! What breed are they?

The Food Librarian said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Too cute!! They must be a joy. Happy Birthday!

Megan said...

Happy birthday pups! Did you make them their own cake?

Melissa said...

Hannah-they are Goldendoodles! 1/2 poodle and 1/2 golden retriever. They are brothers!