Tuesday, December 16, 2008

CUPCAKES & JEWELRY

My best friend has this unbelievableeeeee jewelry line called Light By Sky which she and her mother design. Rather than a Tupperware party or a handbag party, we teamed up to create a cupcakes and jewelry party to promote both her gorgeous jewelry and my delicious cupcakes! Seriously, if a Tupperware party can be fun then pairing jewelry with cupcakes (and cocktails) is a no brainer.
For the cupcakes: I made two varieties of about 160 mini bite sized cupcakes---Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting and Vanilla Oreo cupcakes with Oreo frosting. Both of these came out amazing!! I would say that about 5 of these babies would equate to 1 whole cupcake; that's how mini they are. For the red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting, I used the recipe from this post which I've used before and it is just about fool proof with a delicious taste. For the vanilla cake I used the recipe from this post (my good ol' Billy's recipe) and added 1 cup of crushed Oreo's to the batter before baking. I then frosted the mini's with the recipe from this recent post.
.........................BUT! The star of tonight's party is the jewelry, hands down. Check out her amazing website just in time for the holidays!!

1 comment:

The Food Librarian said...

What completely awesome mini-cupcakes. I love love how you piped the frosting to look like white billowly kisses!