Sunday, July 12, 2009

CANNOLIS

Hi all! I can't believe it has been just about 2 weeks since I've posted last. As I've said earlier, culinary school has been very time consuming. However, I'm here now, and I've got a ton of posts to catch up on. We made cannolis last week in class. Yes, cannolis! I never ever thought I'd tackle the challenge of making cannolis but here I am, 2 months into culinary school, and I've accomplished just that; the art of cannoli-making. The entire process was extremely time consuming and tedious but the results are worth it and very self satisfying. According to my chef instructor, a pasta maker is necessary in order to complete a cannoli recipe so I ordered mine last week! I can't wait! The filling was the most delicious part; containing ricotta cheese, confectioner's sugar, orange rind, and chocolate bits. YUM.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy!!!!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love cannolis! These look yummy!

Mary said...

You made these! Wow...they look super professional...i am impressed.

Monica H said...

That filling sounds incredible!

Anonymous said...

Culinary school, how fun! The cannolis look great, but those donuts below them, I can taste the sweetness by just looking at the pictures!