Monday, April 7, 2008

MANDEL BREAD

    MILLIE'S MANDEL
           
My grandmother has created and perfected the most delicious mandel bread recipe to date.  I began baking mandel bread with her when I was 4 or 5 years old.  She showed me every technique from the whisking of the eggs to the shaping of the loaf. Grandma Millie designed her own recipe which has been used for 2 generations thus far and will most definitely be passed on to my children and so on.  Unfortunately, this recipe is sworn to family secrecy--so I can't divulge any recipe details, however, I thought I would post some pictures.  Yesterday I made 2 batches. One batch was loaded with chocolate chips while the other was packed with Sun-Maid's golden raisins, regular raisins and sliced almonds. They were absolutely delicious--sweet, yet light and super crumbly.
             

                                                        

1 comment:

Susan @ SGCC said...

This is a great recipe! I've been looking for a good mandel bread recipe for a long time. Thanks!