Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BREAD WINNER

Well hellooooooo (in my best Seinfeld rendition)! Remember me? I am deeply sorry for being MIA the last-oh, I don't know-month or so.  Culinary school has really kept me busy and I just haven't had the time to post what's been going on.  My plan is to keep ya'll updated on what I've been doing/learning/baking in school.  So I vow, from here on out, to keep you afloat. With that said,  I officially completed the first module of the program with flying colors (100% on my final practical, what, what!). Module 2 consists of breads and pastries, yippie!  Finally a topic I have zero experience in thus piquing my interest that much more.  I began this module yesterday and so far I've made Semolina bread, American black bread, and Fougasse.  For all you bread baking virgins, I encourage you to familiarize yourself with the world of CARBOHYDRATES! Bread baking is AWESOME. I find it to be extremely interesting and mind blowing with what a few simple ingredients can do. Here's what I've been up to...






American Black Bread


Fougasse (w/Bacon)

No comments: