Monday, July 20, 2009

RAINBOW FRUIT TART


As stated in my previous post, the past 2 weeks in school have been filled with a plethora of tarts. Tarts. Tarts. Tarts. Over the past few years, I've made a ton of tarts but after these last 2 weeks of tart education, I've finally mastered the proper techniques to avoid dough shrinkage! This rainbow fruit tart consisted of a tart crust; using sucree dough(obviously), vanilla pastry cream, and a variety of colorful fruits. I'm personally not a huge fruit tart fan because I'm not a lover of pastry cream but this happened to be delicious. I went ahead and made a fruit tart on my own (outside of the classroom) which is pictured below. Since I had extra tart dough and pastry cream, I made another tart (in a rectangular tart pan), filled it with the pastry cream, and shaved espresso chocolate on top with a drizzle of chocolate ganache. Yum!

my extracurricular fruit tart

Chocolate Tart

2 comments:

Monica H said...

i love fruit tart and these look exceptional.

Sophie said...

Very beautiful, this definitely has summer written all over it :)!